Friday, February 15, 2013

1 month old

Mr. Blake is one month old today! He has the sweetest little spirit and is already a mama's boy. It probably has something to do with the fact that I give him the milk and honey. Okay, not the honey, just the milk.

Here are some things about Blake in his first month of life:
His hair is definitely auburn/red (although if you ask his Dad he will say its brown).
His eyes are getting more blue everyday.
His favorite food is milk. I'm serious. It is.
His umbilical cord fell off when he was 7 days old.
From our scales he currently weighs 11 lbs and is 22 inches long. We could be off, but he is growing so big!
Mom thought he was getting his first tooth, but it turns out he just has a small white blister on his gum right where a tooth would come up.
He applied for his first passport in anticipation for our trip to Mexico in March. It only took three different days of trying to get his passport photo taken. Infants have to have their eyes open. That is kind of difficult.
He sleeps in 4 hour stretches (most nights).
He has started to do more smiles, but they still are not consistent enough to tell that he is actually happy in those moments. They might still be coincidences.
If he is well fed and has a clean diaper on, he is the most happy, content little dude.
He loves bath time. Getting out of the bath, not so much.
He still sleeps in his bassinet next to mom and dad. We will transition him into his nursery when we get back from Mexico... I think. I'm kinda attached to him.

Happy one month my little man.



1 comment:

  1. He is ADORABLE! I can't wait to meet him in a couple of days!!! I love the last pictures, where he is looking at me. So cute!

    ReplyDelete