Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Where has time gone??

My baby is three weeks old today! I still feel like we just brought him home from the hospital in so many ways but then at the same time it feels like he has been apart of our family for forever. He is absolutely perfect in every way. My favorite thing is to get texts from Matt in the middle of the day telling me how much he misses his son and can't wait to get home to hold him. It just melts my heart. Oh, and I love when he says, "Blake, I'm your dad. We are best friends." That's another favorite.

Blake is growing like a weed and most all his new born clothes no longer fit him. Sad day. I think he only wore each outfit once or twice. My little new born is graduated into 0-3 month clothes. As proud of him as I am for getting bigger, I feel like I'm saying goodbye to my new born.

This last week we gave Blake his first bath. Grandma helped and he LOVED it! I swear Grandma has the magic, delicate touch. She always seems to know exactly what to do... I guess she did have eight kids!

As far as nursing and sleeping go... Everyday continues to be an adventure but we are learning together and I think that's what motherhood is all about. Learning how to respond and work with your children in a loving way.

And I think my child is a genius. I could have sworn his grunt this morning sounded just like "hello." Yep, talking at three weeks. I must have got lucky. :)

Okay, maybe he isn't a proven genius yet but I do think he is the cutest little boy I ever did lay eyes upon. I love staring into his eyes. Oh how he makes me feel like a million bucks even with my shirt soggy with milk and hair that hasn't been washed in days.

Yes, our garbage and laundry has increased exponentially with this little guy but so has the happiness and love in our family. I guess we will keep him. :) Happy three weeks Blake Matthew Jensen. Let's celebrate by having a really good nights sleep. Maybe give mom a five hour stretch? Thanks so much in advance.









3 comments:

  1. You are a funny one! Love reading your posts. I CANNOT wait to meet Blake. He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is absolutely adorable! glad he is here safe and sound and that you are enjoying him sooo much! The good news is when they're 5...they want to wear the same outfit for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is the cutest little thing, ever. I can't wait to meet him. You and Matt are already such great parents. :)

    ReplyDelete