Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekend Recap

Our weekend didn't go quite how I planned.

All week I had been battling a cold. I have no idea how I even got a cold because Blake and I really have been staying inside our house the majority of each day and I have been using tons of essential oils, vitamins, etc. but alas I was fighting one for my first time in probably over a year. Despite my cold I had still managed to get things done and enjoy my time with Blake. That is until Friday came along. I woke up feeling awful all over. I just attributed it to my cold and went along with my day. I had plans to get things finalized for Blake's passport (we are going to Mexico in March! I can't wait!) and to have a fun evening with Matt. When the afternoon started to roll in I felt like a train had ran over me. I was FREEZING cold and had no energy to even stand. Blake and I cuddled in bed because that was about all I could do. I called my sweet, heaven sent sister Haley who was just getting out of school and she brought me some soup and held Blake for me until Matt could get home to help.

At about 4:30 I think I was inspired to take my temperature. Sure enough it was a whooping 102. No wonder I felt so terrible! I called my doctor and explained how I was feeling and he explained I had the beginnings of mastitis. I'm so grateful I called when I did because their office closes at 5! He called in a prescription and a few hours later Matt was able to bring it home for me. It only took a few hours for it to kick in and make a world of a difference! By the way, I have a lot to say about nursing but I'll save that for another post when I have given fair warning. I love it but I have certainly learned a lot! :)

Saturday I hoped to stay inside all day long and protect Blake from outsiders germs (he gets my antibodies so thankfully my germs are not quite as dangerous for him) as well as let myself fully recover. Well this plan lasted until about 2:00. I had watched more tv than ever before in my life and was going insane. I literally thought I should water paint so that I could do something with my mind but then I remembered I don't have water colors. Luckily my parents came over and saved me from my insanity. They didn't skip a beat and started folding my laundry and made our bed with clean sheets. They are so kind. They also helped me pack up so that I could go next door to their house and have a new home to be home bound in.

Well, let me tell you about me and being home bound. When I tell myself I can't leave the house, all I want to do is get out. Matt reffed for a few hours in the afternoon, but at 6:00 I decided I needed to go out on a date. I didn't want to, I needed to. So I got myself and Blake dressed, invited my little sisters to come along (they really are quite fun to be around), and as soon as Matt got home we told him he was taking us out! We went to a new restaurant in Provo called Cubby's Chicago Beef, in honor of us going to spend the summer in Chicago this year, and then went bowling at Fat Cats. It was the perfect activity for a mom with a baby because I could participate and Blake could be watched at all times. In fact, he slept in his car seat covered the whole time.

Today we enjoyed stake conference and Sunday dinner at my parents. Matt then helped my parents teach mission prep for our ward and I enjoyed a lovely Sunday nap with Mr. Blake. Our evening consisted of helping my mom cut up tons of muffins and fruit for the MV morning mission prep class tomorrow morning and running through Matt's presentation for his international business class as well as quizzing him for his business law test.

Now we have an exciting week ahead of us filled with valentines, tests and presentations for Matt, hopefully getting over this cold, keeping Blake healthy, putting away new born and maternity clothes, and getting my house clean after a week of sickness!








No comments:

Post a Comment