Thursday, February 28, 2013

Shrek The Musical

You might remember from an earlier post that Matt surprised me on Valentines Day with tickets to see the touring broadway show of Shrek in SLC. I was so excited but also so nervous to leave Blake with a sitter for 5 hours.

Well yesterday was the big day! I wanted to get cute for Matt since alone dates are quite a rare and special occasion with a baby on board. So I started getting ready at about 2:00 even though we didn't have to leave until 5. It was a good thing I started early though because Blake was not wanting to nap at all! He has entered the stage known as the "fussies"- more on that later. So I showered, then nursed Blake, blow dried my hair, then did some tummy time and read Blake a few books, did a few curls and then bathed him. It was quite the process. Luckily Matt got home just in time to hold Blake so that I could put on some make-up.

After not sleeping for more than 30 minutes at a time, he finally fell into a deep sleep at 5 just in time to be babysat by my sisters. I was so relieved. He was such a good boy and slept most the time.

Matt and I enjoyed a yummy dinner at Olive Garden right across from the theater before the show and then got to our seats with just enough time to look through the play bill before the show started.

Shrek was amazing! Matt even really enjoyed it. I did feel it was a bit long, it started at 7:30 and didn't get out until 10:15, but that's probably because I was missing Blake. My favorite character was Fiona. I thought she was amazing at mixing a beautiful princess with a sassy ogre. Matt thought the donkey was a little too feminine, but I thought he was hilarious. We had a really wonderful night together.

On the way home I told Matt that I loved our date but I had never been more excited to get home. I loved dressing up and enjoying a wonderful meal and show, but at the end of the night I couldn't have been more happy to put my hair up and be mom again.

Here are a few pictures of our night and then the heart-melting face that welcomed us home.





No comments:

Post a Comment