I know you left on Valentine’s Day so that we can always remember how much you loved life, the Gospel, Grandma, your children, and your grandchildren.
Some people think that when you die you are gone forever. That’s not true. Although your mortal life is over, I know you will never be too far away. Thank you for standing strong in your testimony of Jesus Christ. Thank you for teaching my dad about Jesus Christ so he could teach me. The knowledge I have that this life is not the end has brought me and my family so much peace. That was the best gift you could have ever given us. You have left your family a great legacy of faith and knowledge of truth. I am blessed because of that.
Although there were times you were in pain in your last couple days, I am really happy you left peacefully. You are a fighter Grandpa. You have been strong, motivated, and hard working your whole life and your last days were no exception.
I am so grateful I could sit by your side and hold your hand last Saturday. I am grateful that when I said, "I love you Grandpa," you smiled and said back, "I love you too." I will never forget that you loved me.
I loved the sound of your laugh. I will never forget about the dog that peed in your hand while you were serving a mission in upstate New York. What I remember most about this story is your contagious laugh as you retold the experience. You taught me that life isn't always perfect, but humor sure makes life more enjoyable.
I have grown up being so proud that you have your name in the Utah Sports Hall of Fame. I have so many fond memories of looking for your picture on the wall at the Delta Center. Although I never saw you play football, I hear you were quite the football hero in your day.
I am so grateful Matt was able to get to know you these past couple years. We have loved coming up to Smithfield and having tours of the farm and feedlot on the gator. Matt learned more about farming in his time with you than he has his whole life! Thank you for being at our wedding, Grandpa. That day was the most important day of my life, and I am so grateful that you were in the temple with us as we were sealed for all eternity.
Although today your spirit has returned home, the memories you have left with me will stay forever. My children will know all about my Grandpa Lindley!
Thank you for being the best Grandpa to me! I'm going to miss you and I might even cry every once in awhile because I won't be able to see you or talk to you. But you be ready, because one day we are going to all be together again. Our family is forever.
Love,
Your Granddaughter
Although today your spirit has returned home, the memories you have left with me will stay forever. My children will know all about my Grandpa Lindley!
Thank you for being the best Grandpa to me! I'm going to miss you and I might even cry every once in awhile because I won't be able to see you or talk to you. But you be ready, because one day we are going to all be together again. Our family is forever.
Love,
Your Granddaughter
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandpa Lindley. In just the few times I was around him I know that he is an amazing man. My thoughts and prayers are with your wonderful family!
ReplyDeleteLove, Larae
He sounded like an amazing man! Aren't we so blessed to have the comfort of the Gospel! Your outlook and spirit are amazing- we are praying for you guys.
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet, Megan. I am so sorry for your loss, but can't help but smile with the knowledge we have in this gospel. It is the biggest blessing to know that we never have to say goodbye, only "see you later!". From the few things you said, he is so clearly an amazing man, that made an impact on your life like nobody else. Praying for your family! Your attitude is so great! YOU are so great!
ReplyDeleteGive you and your family a hug for me! What a crazy couple of weeks for you guys. Love ya and praying for you. Your grampa is an amazing man.
ReplyDeleteMegs, I am sorry to hear you lost your grandfather. He sounds like he was an amazing man. I am so glad that you shared your testimony of how families can be together forever, you are such a great example to me! Love to you during this difficult time. - Morgan
ReplyDelete