Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Waits for No One

Waking up Monday is always hard! It seems it always comes way too fast. Another weekend has come and gone. Each week that passes means I am closer to GRADUATION!

We had a great weekend in our home. In a nutshell we devoted our time to cleaning, working, homework, playing, cooking, and relaxing. Here are some highlights:


Chicken Tortilla Soup. I didn't get a picture of the soup, but it was yummy! A little spicy, but the chicken in the recipe was amazing! 


1 on 1 Monopoly. Matt vs. Meg. Matt won, Meg was not happy. End of Story. 
Watch out dear husband, next time I am winning!


Saturday night indulgence! My favorite easy dessert, pazzooki! I use store bought cookie dough so it is a super fast and delicious! 


Sunday evening we cuddled on the couch eating chocolate cookies and watching The Proposal. Such a good start for Valentines week! 

This blog post could really end here. But class is boring, so I will go on. My teacher just said (in reference to Valentines day), "As you get older you find you can do it in five minutes...I mean you can pick out a present in 5 minutes!" 

Then he gave us his Fajita recipe! Marketing Strategy can get real interesting, as you can tell. :) So here is more of my week: 

On Sunday we had stake conference and it was so nice having the whole afternoon to relax and be together! We are on the 2-5 pm church schedule this year and it sure has been an adjustment. Sunday was also the day Matt’s little brother, Chad, was ordained an Elder. We are so proud of him for his good life choices. We know he will be a great missionary and can’t wait to hear where he will be going! Speaking of missionaries, we heard from our Bishop that my little brother has received his assignment!! We are anticipating him receiving his call THIS Wednesday!! I can’t wait!

In the coming weeks my family will be experiencing some of the greatest joys and sadness life has to offer. My grandpa is still living, but it gets harder and harder for him to breathe each day. We are all praying for his comfort and that we will be able to accept the Lord’s will.  Although it becomes more apparent each day that it may be his time to leave this mortal life, it is still hard and we will still miss him. My thoughts recently have been towards the next life and I am so grateful for the scriptures and the answers we receive there. Last night Matt and I read Alma 40 and I felt so much peace knowing that when my grandpa does pass on, he will be reunited with the God who made us all. He will go to paradise, a place of peace and rest. Although it’s hard to not be with him, if there is one place I would want him to be, it is a place of peace and rest. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the knowledge we have that this life is not the end.

The happiness that will be coming into my family will come in the form of two little bundles! Both my sisters will be having their babies either this week or the next! Robyn is having a boy and Erica is having a girl! Robyn is still in the hospital and will be there until she has her baby. She has such a great attitude and perspective. To read more of her story click here. 

Don't worry, I haven't missed much in my class. My professor is now looking up "yellow wax peppers" on Google images. (They are an ingredient in his fajitas)

Happy Monday! 


  

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so funny that when you are married, the best nights are the nights that you cuddle together, eat a homemade dinner and watch a good movie? Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post. And the food looks delicious! Pazzooki, definitely on my list of things to eat in the very near future. Love you

    ReplyDelete