Wednesday, February 8, 2012

When it rains, it pours.

Yesterday my Grandpa was released from the hospital!! It is such a tender mercy that he gets to spend the foreseeable future at my aunts house with a 24 hour nurse. But we are talking about the pouring here right... as my Grandpa was arriving to my aunts house, my Grandma was simply walking up to the door and slipped on a patch of ice. She was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. She hit her head pretty hard and has fractured her skull.  

When I received the news from my dad all I could say was, you cannot be serious. As one grandparent gets out of the hospital, the next goes in.  

I think the Lord is trying to teach my family some lessons. Perhaps the importance and delicate nature of life? Perhaps how important family love and support is? 

Luckily since we already had the 24 hour nurse on hand for my Grandpa, my Grandma was able to come home from the hospital to be taken care of at home too.  

Does anyone else want to take some hospilization in their family for the next couple weeks? I know I for one am exhausted. Oh ya, did I mention my sister has been in the hospital this past week and will be until she delivers her baby? 

I truly am grateful though for science and medicine and that my family is being taken care of. 

But like I say...when it rain, it truly pours!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment