Monday, January 20, 2014

MLK Day

Every year I forget that MLK day is a national holiday and I'm always very happily surprised when I remember. This year we had a blast playing with my family. My mom planned a fun day for us.

We started the day at Hang Time, an extreme trampoline gym. I wish I would have remembered my camera, but you will just have to take my word for it that we had a great time. Haley did a double back twist into the foam pit, Matt and Kelsi did double fronts, Robyn and I did our first back fulls, and my mom did her signature back and a half with a full twist. Yes, my mom had as much fun as we did. I don't think she will ever grow old. She is such a fun mom! Alysa is a star aunt and always seemed to have either Blake or Ethan by her side. The little boys had a great time on the tramps and in the foam pits as well. 

In the afternoon we headed to Provo Beach Resort to try out the flow rider, a surfing simulater. Matt and my mom went for the first half hour (with Haley, Brady, Kelsi, and Alysa) while Robyn and I played with our boys and then Matt and my mom switch me and Robyn so that we could have a turn as well. It worked out great. The boys had a blast eating ice cream, playing any and every game that had a ball, and going on the marry-go-round. We all laughed way too much as we tried to surf. There were many bad falls included in our afternoon. 













Like I said, we had many falls... But we had a fun time.

We then came home and enjoyed a quick dip in the hot tub to warm up. 


We missed my dad and Chris who had to work. A lovely plus of having a husband working towards his masters and working part time is that he gets days like today to just play with us! Happy MLK day!

No comments:

Post a Comment