Leaving work to go to my doctors appointment. (1:00 p.m.)
Getting checking into the hospital. (5:00 p.m.)
Finding out I would be induced. (6:00 p.m.)
Having the doctor break my water. (11:00 p.m.)
And then this morning when I was at the gym (at 5:45 a.m) I thought how I was in the final stages of labor last year at this time and how my mere two mile jog was nothing compared to the exhaustion of labor.
And finally when we were having family scripture study (at 7:00 a.m) I remember being so relieved that he was finally here!
I took my brother Brady to a doctors appointment at the hospital at 8:30 this morning, the same hospital I delivered Blake at, so that added to my nastalgia.
It was fun for me to remember those two days. I am so grateful for Blake. I really love being a mom more than anything.
We had such a wonderful day celebrating him! As I mentioned, we started out at the hospital. My energetic one year old couldn't stop climbing all over the chairs.
This picture makes him look extremely calm. Don't be deceived.
The fun really started when dad got home from school. We all went to Chuck E Cheese for an early dinner and some fun. Blake loved going on rides with his cousin Ethan. He also loved holding his little cup with all his tokens. I was a little worried he would be too young, but he really had a great time!
This was his very first ride. I love his expression.
And then we hurried and picked up the cake (and cup cake) that we ordered from The Chocolate and came home to share cake and ice cream with all our families.
This cake was amazing. Best decision to just order a cake instead of slaving after one.
Focused boys getting the job done.
My big birthday boy who has loved to cross his feet ever since he was in the womb! No kidding. We have ultra-sound photos to prove it.
And he has a serious love for Chapstick. He can even put the tiny cap back on.
I wasn't kidding. Chapstick is one of this favorite things. He doesn't let go of it.
First poke at the cup cake.
Do I see ice cream? Yes, I'd love some of that too.
And then it was time for presents. Since Blake can't really open them himself, I decided to let everyone have Blake sit on their laps as they helped him open the present they brought. It beat me opening all his presents! He was spoiled!
By the end of the evening, Blake was partied out and it was time for bed. We had a wonderful day celebrating our little boy!
Thanks to all the family that celebrated with us! We certainly missed my parents who are vacationing Mexico, Sam who had class, Brooke, Greg, & CJ who were home sick, and my sister and her family, Matt's dad & Olga, and Katie who all live out of state.



































okay i can't get over his outfit. his jeans and shoes! it kills me! i can't believe he is so big! he is seriously the cutest little kid! happy birthday blake!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Mr. Blake! We loved celebrating with you! Great pics!
ReplyDelete...how come I wasn't on the list of people you missed at Blake's party?? ;) Hehe just kidding I know you missed us anyways. I love all the cute pictures of Blake!! He is so handsome! We are excited to see him in England!!
ReplyDelete