Tuesday, April 16, 2013

3 Month Little Chunker

Yesterday, April 15th, was Blake's 3 month mark. I have absolutely loved every stage he has gone through so far but it seems like each new day I find a new way to appreciate him.

Here is a little update on our guy:

His blessing suit was size 6 months! He isn't overly chubby but so long!! Typically he wears size 3-6 month clothes, which is normal. He has officially outgrown all his 0-3 month clothes.

Sleeping habits seem to change frequently. Our routine is to start getting him ready for bed at 8:00 with a bath, books, prayer, and good feeding and then he is typically asleep by 9:00. Right now if is waking up at 1:30, 3:30, and 5:30 and then sleeping until 7:30. We have had worse so I can't complain too much but I sure would love to cut out that 3:30 feeding! He is really good at falling asleep in the middle of the night after I feed him so that's a blessing!

Eating, well I'm still nursing him. He is so funny though. He continues to be a business only feeder, it's not for comfort at all. If I try to feed him and he isn't quite ready he will cry and cry. In fact, that's the only time he really cries.

He still loves his hands but has now learned to love my hands as well. He loves playing with them and putting our hands palm to palm. Totally melts my heart.

He has STRONG legs! I can lay him on a blanket and sometimes he will kick himself to the top. It's kinda cute but not so cute when he is throwing a tantrum and not wanting to eat. It hurts when he kicks!!

He is such a 'talker.' He loves babbling when you are looking right at him. And then he gives you a big, handsome smile.

He is starting to be more aware of what is around him. I can lay him on a blanket and he loves looking around the room until he finds me. He also likes looking at brightly colored toys.

He hasn't mastered reaching out for toys yet, but he loves when I put a laundry sheet in his hand. It's a fun texture I guess.

He has a birthmark on his right thigh that is becoming more visible.

Overall he is very patient and such a pal for mom! We go around doing laundry, cleaning, and cooking together and most the time he is quite content!

And it's no surprise, but he LOVES bath time. We have a little bath chair we put him in, totally supervised of course, and it is just seconds before he skimmies down and dips his feet in the water and then kicks and kicks!

Here are some recent photos.















No comments:

Post a Comment