Monday, April 1, 2013

Country Ranch Pork Chops

Tonight's dinner turned out better than expected, so I had to share! We had Country Ranch Pork Chops, Parmesean Mashed Potatoes, Balsamic Vinegar Asparagus, Rhodes Rolls, and Stawberry Shortcake for dessert.

I have had a serious fear of cooking meat these last few months... Okay years. But it was the absolute worst when I was pregnant! The smell of raw meat just turned me off cooking it. But then my dad bought a pig and got tons of pork! So much that he needed our freezer to help store it... Which means we have been the lucky recipients of yummy bacon, sausage, and tons of pork chops! Honestly though, I had no idea what I was going to do with pork chops. But I have experimented a few times and have been pleasantly surprised with how easy they are to cook. Tonight's meal was no exception, super easy and really delicious!

Here is the recipe, only three ingredients!
Ranch packet
1 Can Cream of chicken soup
3 Bone-in pork chops (thawed or mostly thawed)

Place everything in the crock pot and let it cook on low for at least 6 hours. I think ours cooked for 8.

When I was ready to dish it up the yucky bone part just fell off. And the sauce from the meat drippings, ranch, and cream of chicken is delicious.

And there you have it! Perfectly yummy, easy meal made for a mom with only one arm available for use. (You know Blake calls dibs on the other one...)

And just because a blog post isn't complete with a picture of Blake, here is my cute little helper!





1 comment:

  1. this looks delicious! i definitely want to try it! and blake is SO CUTE! i'm dying!

    ReplyDelete