From Wednesday to Friday of this last week my parents asked me and Matt to 'babysit' for them while they went to Arizona for a conference and to celebrate their 26th wedding anniversary. It doesn't really feel like babysitting though because my brother and sisters are 18,16,12, and 9. So really they were more help to me than I to them! I told Matt our lives would be easier if we could just adopt a 9 year old. Alysa is the perfect age to just want to play with Blake all afternoon long!
We sure had a fun time! I was able to make some delicious meals (thanks to Alysa's care of Blake) including Chicken Cordon Blue, Tomato Avocado Linguine, Breakfast Casserole (Brady's favorite), and Breakfast burritos. It felt so great to spend more than 5 minutes on a meal!
I also convinced Kelsi and Alysa to come to the tulip festival with me at Thanksgiving point. It was beautiful!
Brady and I enjoyed a lunch date to kneaders... Okay we really sat in the drive through for the majority of his lunch break because man that place is busy!!! But we had a great time chatting and then quickly enjoyed our delicious food before getting him back to school.
And then we were able to cheer Haley on as she went to try out for BYU cheer. She made the first cut but somehow didn't make the squad. She truly is so talented that I don't know how she didn't make it, but I'm convinced The Lord has something much greater in mind for her. We were so proud of her anyways!!!
Then on Saturday (when my parents got back) we got to see Haley and Brady off to prom. Something I never got to experience (from doing high school over seas) so I really enjoyed sharing in their fun as they got ready.
And the best part of the week was when Matt finished his last final!!! I'm so proud of him for getting another semester completed. Only two more to go! It's so wonderful to have more of my husband around!







No comments:
Post a Comment