Monday, April 1, 2013

Family Vacation to Mexico

My parents surprised everyone for Christmas with a trip to Cancun, Mexico. So a few weeks ago we all met in Cancun for a fun week. It was so wonderful to be together as a family, enjoying lots of food and fun in the sun!

I was a little nervous vacationing with a 2 month old because let's be honest, moms of babies never really get a vacation. :) But Blake was wonderful the whole trip and loved the bright sun and fun sounds Mexico had to offer.

We arrived on Saturday evening and enjoyed dinner at resort and went to bed. (The rest of the group stayed up watching movies but my mid-night is about 8:00 pm. We were exhausted!)

Sunday we enjoyed family scriptures and then church in Playa Del Carmen, the same ward Matt and I attended while we were honeymooning 2 years ago. That afternoon was the most windy day of the whole trip but we were all dressed up so we had family pictures on the beach.

Monday we had enjoyed a tour of the Tulum ruins from a tour guide named Limhi, he's he was LDS. It was so neat to hear about the ruins from a scriptural perspective. While we were on our honeymoon we had a random tour and our guide explained that the upside down baby carved into every building was the Tequila God and he drank too much. But our tour guide explained this was the white God who came down from the sky. From the Book of Mormon we know that was Jesus when he visited the people in America. They pictured him as upside down because he came from the sky. 85 was a great, hot tour!

Tuesday we spent our day at Xel Ha. I actually had a little food poisoning during the night and when you combine that with normal baby feedings, I didn't get much sleep. So I felt quite sick the beginning of the day but was great by the afternoon. We all enjoyed snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, zip linning, and jumping off cliff.

Wednesday the boys, my mom, Haley, and Kelsi went golfing while the moms, babies, and Alysa stayed at the pool. Blake loved the pool so much because if was warm just like his bath! In the afternoon we enjoyed some tennis in the smoldering heat. Matt and I beat Robyn and Chris but lost to Coleman and Erica. It was a fun afternoon!

Thursday we went on a catamaran boat out to some beautiful clear water and enjoyed some snorkeling. After we played volleyball and wuffle ball on the beach. My family is much too competitive! The games definitely got a little heated! After the sand games some of the family went parasailing. I had gone a few times before so I just stayed with Blake but Matt had a great time!

Friday we spent the day at the resort, enjoying the beach and pool. We then played some more tennis in the afternoon.

Saturday we said our goodbyes to the Sheltons, Greens, and beautiful Mexico and made our way home! I

It was such a fun week to spend together as a family! I'm so happy Blake could meet his uncles and cousins, even though he won't remember it. I love my family and am so grateful for the all the memories we have made this past month and over the years. Thanks Mom & Dad!

We have all bombarded Facebook with vacation pictures so here are just a few of my favorites.
















No comments:

Post a Comment