What a week it has been. With bombings in Boston, gas explosion in Texas, and a sink hole and flooding in Chicago, all within a few days of each other, it is a wonder how anyone can sleep at night! With natural disasters and terrible acts of terrorism ever so prevalent it is easy to lose hope and faith in this world.
Yesterday I was chatting with friends about this very subject. This world can seem very scary at times! But how thankful I am so know there is one place I will always feel peace, safety, and love. A place where I can see the world a little bit more clearly and not feel afraid to live my life. This place is the Temple. We have many temples around the world and the same peace can be felt within each one.
In fact, I don't think it is a coincidence that the visiting teaching message this month, when tragedy has struck, reminded us of the importance of the Temple.
Our pioneer ancestors, who prevailed much persecution, found refuge within the sacred walls of the temple and so can we.
“The strength, power, and blessings of temple covenants sustained the Latter-day Saints during their journey west, when they suffered cold, heat, hunger, poverty, sickness, accidents, and death.” (Apr. 2013 Ensign, Temple Covenants)
President Monson has so kindly reminded us: “The saving ordinances received in the temple that permit us to someday return to our Heavenly Father in an eternal family relationship and to be endowed with blessings and power from on high are worth every sacrifice and every effort,” said President Thomas S. Monson.
Every effort we make to go to the temple will bless our lives. It is where I go to feel of peace and safety from this sometimes scary world we live in.

I loved your insight on this topic! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete