This beautiful child of mine is 15 months this week. You know what that means, only three more months until he can go to nursery*!
Blake has really embraced the toddler stage of life. He is independent as long as one of his parents is in eye sight. He loves to walk around and explore where ever we go.
He currently has 8 teeth. 6 of which are fully in, the other two have cut through the gums and are working their way up.
Blake uses those teeth well and is a champion eater. He usually eats a few pancakes or muffins for breakfast and that trend continues during the day. That is until dinner... I think he has too many afternoon snacks and isn't as hungry at dinner time.
Our boy isn't a big talker, but he does like the word 'ya.' He says it when he is in agreement with something and waves his hand frantically when he doesn't want something.
Blake is a great sleeper. He goes down for naps and at night without a fuss. Last night Matt was putting him to sleep. After one story Blake got off Matt's lap and walked over to the crib, reaching up to get in. Matt put him in, handed him his blanket, and walked out. Easy as that! We are grateful for this as it hasn't always been that smooth.
Blake's favorite food recently is bananas. He eats probably 2 a day. You would think he would be incredibly constipated but his systems keep working! He also drinks a lot of water. I think that helps.
Blake is starting to understand more of what we are saying. While in the airport coming home from the UK I handed him stickers and told him to go give them to particular people. Without me pointing to them he knew who they were and took the sticker over. Smart boy.
Blake has the cutest laugh. I love when he thinks he is funny and laughs at himself. After his nap I brought him into his room as I was finishing watching Dancing with the Stars. He climbed on my back and thought it was hilarious.
Blake knows where his head is and tries to touch his nose, but usually pokes himself in the eye. He also makes funny animal sounds. They don't really correlate with the right animal, but he likes to growl. It's cute.
Walking out to see Grandma and Grandpa's dog is one of Blake's favorite activities.
Most recently Blake has learned to fold his arms, or put one arm over the other, when we pray. It only lasts a second, but if I whisper in his ear, "Blake, fold your arms," he will fold them for a second.
My little baby is getting so big! He is such a great pal to me. I sure love you Blake!
*Nursery is a class toddlers ages 18 mon-3 yrs go to during the last two hours of church. They play with toys, eat snacks, and learn about Jesus. It's great. It also means Matt can be relieved from watching him those last two hours as I am currently in charge of the music in our primary.





No comments:
Post a Comment