It's funny, you never know how you will react in that situation. Will you get upset, frustrated, or be full of compassion? I'm so grateful my first instinct was complete compassion. I'm such a mom. I'm doing this mom thing! Sitting with puke covering me and my baby made me so proud and grateful to be his mother. Matt was also a champion and patient dad, even letting Blake sleep with his head on Matt's back. I'm really grateful for him.
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Sick Day for Baby
Blake is having his very first sick day. He has been sick before with colds/coup/etc but never with the throw-ups. He was hysterical last night when he threw-up in his crib. It broke my heart I wasn't there for him that first time. After calming him down, we brought him into our bed, and within minutes he threw-up all over the both of us. Sounds gross, but honestly my mind wasn't there at all. He was so scared. He had no idea what was happening to him. We cleaned us (and the bed) up and I explained to Blake that it's okay he was throwing-up. His tummy must not have felt well. I never know what exactly he understands but he was much more calm after that. We put new sheets on the bed and put down a very large beach towel under me and Blake just in case. He did throw up another 5-6 times but I was able to catch it in towels. We were much more prepared after the first time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment