Stonehenge was about an hour or so away from Bath. Poor little Ava lost her breakfast on the way as we drove through the English countryside hills. That was eventful for the Green family.
Stonehenge itself was amazing. There were beautiful fields of yellow flowers (canola oil flowers I think?) and pastures of sheep surrounding the Stonehenge grounds. Combine that with a sunny day and the view was breathtaking. It really is amazing that these stones have been there for the last 4,000 years. Mormon friends, they estimate that those stones got there about the time of the Jaredite people in the Book of Mormon. That's 2000 years before Christ! That's a really LONG time ago.
After Stonehenge we returned to Bath and had a quick lunch before our group split into two. My parents arranged a spa outing (right around the corner from the Roman baths) for all the adults, so we went into two groups to take care of our little ones.
Matt and I went with Robyn, Chris, and Haley to the Spa first. It was a two hour session of naturally heated pools that have minerals that are good for your skin. One pool was on the roof overlooking the city of Bath. It was pretty surreal. They didn't allow pictures in the spa... Which was probably a good thing. I would have wanted to capture all the views instead of relax. You will have to trust me that they were amazing.
After our session we took over taking care of our children and did a little site seeing and shopping while the rest of the group enjoyed their session. Bath had a cute street with a ton of shops. There was a Lush shop so I introduced my sisters to their amazing bath balls. We thought it was fitting to get something for the bath in Bath, so we eached picked one out. We also stopped at a gourmet chocolate shop, a local ice cream vendor, and the fudge shop. Yikes, I think we were craving a little sugar. :)
That evening my dad made reservations at a Thai restaurant that some people recommended. It was delicious. Blake started feeling a little under the weather that evening so we returned to our hotel room as soon as dinner ended. I think some of his teeth are coming in. He has had a bit of a fever, but he has been a trouper.
Bath was so incredible charming and romantic. I kept thinking they need to film the Bachelor there.







No comments:
Post a Comment