I know, I know! Mother's Day was two days ago and every one has already blogged and shared how wonderful their day was already. But I had such a great weekend, I can't NOT document it!
Mother's Day this year was absolutely wonderful. We loved celebrating with my mother and Matt's mother, two incredible women who we are so grateful for and love so much! And my sweet husband and son spoiled me oh so much!
Here's a quick recap.
On Saturday I pulled the Mother's Day card to get Matt to help me hang a couple decorations in Blake's nursery. We have had them forever but Matt's least favorite thing is to hang pictures on the wall. But he did it for me and I'm so grateful! I now love sitting in my glider looking at the walls!
Saturday evening Matt brought me home a book by my favorite author and a few sweet treats from the Sweet Toothfairy. Oh and while we were doing some errands earlier that day I got to pick out a pair of sandals.. See I told you I was spoiled and it wasn't even Mother's Day yet!
Saturday evening Matt was dying to give one of the presents he ordered for me, so he got it out and we about died laughing. He got this inflatable pad thing for the bath tub because hot baths are one of my very most favorite things. Well the picture on the package looked like it was big enough to fit the whole bottom of the bath. Well we opened it up and it was tiny!!! You literally have to balance on it to stay on. Good thing it was only a few dollars off amazon. It was a really sweet, thoughtful gift though!
On Sunday morning Matt surprised me with a bathtub rack that I can use to read in the bath and then he surprised me again with a beautiful ring with Blake's birthstone in it! I was so completely surprised. It was the sweetest thing. I love that Matt knows me so well and goes out of his way to think of thoughtful gifts!
Then we went next door and enjoyed breakfast on the deck with my family to celebrate my mom! We had fun watching her open her gifts and then went to church.
The young women took over primary so I didn't have to plan a music time and got to enjoy Sunday school and relief society with my mom.
After church we enjoyed more family time and got to video Skype with my brother Devin who is serving a two year mission for our church. We did a video conference so that Erica and Robyn could join with their families. It was so neat that technology allowed us all to be together for a few minutes! Blake was even able to meet his uncle Devin for the first time.
Then that evening we went over to Matt' moms and enjoyed a wonder kebab and salad dinner with crepes for dessert.
It was a wonderful, family centered day.
I am so grateful to be a mother to my sweet little Blake!! Although all the presents are so sweet and meaningful, waking up to my boys smile absolutely made my day! There is nothing that warms my heart more than his trusting eyes and happy face. I'm serious, being a mother is the best thing that ever happened to me, next to marrying my Matt of course. I am one lucky girl to be so happy.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend.





Love the post. I literally laughed out loud when I read about your inflatable bath tub thing...
ReplyDeleteYou are an incredible mother! Blake is one blessed little boy!
love it. sounds like a fun day. I'm glad we have good husbands who spoil us! Hot bathes are my favorite too! I want your bath tub rack...you can keep the inflatable thing haha
ReplyDelete