First of all I had the most wonderful Mother's Day yesterday and am so grateful for my mom and Matt's mom! But more on that later... I'm here to reminisce something else.
A year ago today my life changed forever. I found out we were expecting a baby! We had been trying for a few months (that felt like years!) and every month, 5 days before I knew the dreaded p was due to arrive, I would take a pregnancy test. However, this time around that day fell on Mother's Day and I refused to take a pregnancy test on that day only to be extremely disappointed that I was not a mother yet! The next day (Monday) I went to work and didn't think much about pregnancy tests. I was doing great because usually they were always on my mind. Anyways, after work I went grocery shopping and picked up a test (intended for later that week... I thought hey, I got through one day, maybe I'll just wait and see if the p never comes!) well on the way home I called my sister Robyn and then my heroic patience started to dwindle. I told her how much I wanted to be a mom and then I decided I couldn't wait to find out! So as soon as I got home, I carried the groceries inside and ran to take the test. Matt was home early that day and started putting away the groceries like a good husband. So I took the test and to my huge surprise and delight and test was actually positive!!! I had taken so many tests I started to think they only delivered bad news! But it worked! I ran and told Matt the news and we just enjoyed the moment realizing our little baby was finally on his way!
I ran next door to tell my mom but she wasn't home so my little sister Haley and her then boy friend Jose got the news first!
I can't believe it's been a whole year!!! My once little poppy seed is now a chunky little almost 4 monther!
I am so grateful Heavenly Father trusted me with one of his sweet little boys. I love being his mother!
Look at this sweet face! Oh how I love my boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment