Visiting Teaching always gets me thinking on a subject that stays in my head for days. And what better place to share my repeating thoughts than this blog right?
This month we got to focus on one of our favorite talks from General Conference. As I flipped through my Ensign, I was drawn to Sister Dalton's talk. She is so full of class and dignity. She is who I want to be like when I grow up!
I love when she said:
"As daughters of God we are each unique and different in our circumstances and experiences. And yet our part matters—because we matter." (May 2013 Ensign, We Are Daughters of Our Heavenly Father, By Elaine S. Dalton)
This got me thinking about what my part is. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how many 'parts' I have. But in the midst of all my responsibilities in this busy world, I have three parts that matter most.
I am a wife.
I am a mother.
I am a daughter of God.
I believe we are accountable to God for how well we play our part each day.
Well...tonight I failed. Tonight I got frustrated and mad at such a little bump in the road. And worst of all, I took it out of my sweet husband. I needed to be reminded of my part, that it mattered, and that it was important for me to perform my part well. I should be happy and do the very best I can regardless of situations that I can't change. I should emulate the type of class and dignity as displayed by Sister Dalton.
My dear husband, without even realizing it, reminded me of that. And then of course he said sorry, although none of my frustrations were his fault. I really married a good man.
I think sometimes we let anger or frustration come into our hearts because we let small, insignificant things cloud our view of our importance.
We all have a part and our part truly does matter!
No comments:
Post a Comment